Choose Which Options are Right for You
All our items come with everything that is necessary for that
particular item, however some of the add-ons are great options if they
something you like, or think you may need. We have the add-ons to help
our customers improve their item to their needs; in other words
ORDER ONLINE NOW ORWhy are the Dimensions Not Exact?
- Our furniture is built from only the best, hand picked, pine and aspen
logs straight from the forest. Because all of our furniture is made from
natural wood, each piece will vary slightly depending on each log. For
this reason, many of our furniture dimensions have a length and width
range. All beds are built to fit the standard U.S. mattress sizes. If
you are concerned with specific dimensions, please let our office know
at the time of your order so that we can do our best to meet your needs.
Benjamin Moore Finish
- Benjamin Moore is the brand of finish we use on our furniture. Finish is
a protective coating used on most wood products. Our finish is not a
stain, it will not change the color of the wood, but it does make it
slightly glossy. We use a clear coat, polyurethane, water based finish
which protects the wood against water, sun, and aging damage. It will
help your wood last longer and we highly suggest finishing your bed. Our
finish add-on includes five thick coats of this high quality finish.
You can also finish your furniture yourself. Benjamin Moore Finish can
be purchased at most home improvement or hardware stores. Please note:
Most photos on our website are of furniture that has been finished.
- The sunburst pattern option means your head board and foot board rungs
will be slightly angled outward to form the pattern of a half sun. If
you do not choose this option, your head board and foot board rungs will
- The rustic rung option is only available for pine beds. Rustic rungs means your rungs will be made of aspen, instead of pine.
Add Oversized Wood
- All our beds come in a standard log diameter size, usually within a specific diameter range. Choosing to add oversized wood means we will built with wood beyond that range.
Single and Double Slab Drawer Fronts Extra Headboard and Footboard Rungs/Spindles
- Rungs or spindles are the vertical pieces in the head board and foot
board. each bed comes with a set amount standard. If you would like to add more than the standard amount, you may choose to do so.
Extra Side Rails
- Side Rails are the pieces running from the head board to the foot board.
These pieces will also hold the mattress slats if your bed includes
them. Each bed comes with at least one set (one rail on each side). Choosing extra side rails will give additional support to the
bed, but is not necessary for a sturdy bed. The additional side rails
will be placed above the side rail which holds the mattress slats.
Bolt Hole Options
- Each bed includes hardware, including eight inch lag bolts, to secure
the bed together. Pre-drilled holes are placed in the wood for these
bolts. These bolts sit inside the log about 2 inches and do not stick
out of the log. Nothing further is needed for assembly, but we do offer
three options to hide these holes.
- Many of our items can be trimmed in either aspen or pine. When
purchasing these items, please specify which type of wood you would
- Looking for more storage? Use the extra space under your bed with these
optional trundle drawers. These can be added to most beds. They include
two drawers which slide from under your bed. These drawers are the
legth of half the bed width. You can order one or two sets.
True Glide Drawers
- All items with drawers come with standard, ball baring, drawer slides.
True Glide Drawer slides are an even better option in drawer slides.
These will extend the drawer fully out of the dresser, hold more weight
than the standard slide, and last even longer.
- Dovetail Drawer construction is offered to increase the strength of the
drawer. This option will help drawers last longer and hold more weight.
- To offer extra character, we have three drawer front styles for most of
our cabinetry items. All items come with the standard drawer front
unless otherwise specified. Single Slab drawer fronts have one aspen
log, cut in half, mounted on the drawer front. Double Slab drawer fronts
have two aspen logs, cut in half, mounted on the drawer front.
- We offer an optional toe kick option to many of our cabinetry items. The
Toe Kick option will hide the bottom of the dresser and protect it
from damage by shoes.
- You will notice cracks, some small and some larger, in your rustic log
furniture. This occurs naturally in the drying process and adds to the
character and rustic look of our products. These cracks, which are known as checking, do not diminish the function or design of our rustic log furniture.
All rustic log furniture is subject to the natural process of
"checking". Checking, or cracking, happens as wood releases moisture,
and normally occurs across or through the annual growth rings. It is the
usual result of wood seasoning. This natural process adds to the
uniqueness of the pieces and lends it that certain rustic appeal that
has become so popular in home and garden decor. The degree of checking
will vary from product to product and from log to log.
ORDER ONLINE NOW OR