Lawn and Garden Care for Spring and Summer
April 11, 2011
As the weather starts warming up, it's time to get your outdoor areas ready for a summer of fun and enjoyment. Start planning out flower beds and vegetable gardens so you'll have everything ready when it's time to break ground. Develop a seeding and fertilizing plan for your grassy areas to make this summer's lawn the healthiest it's ever been. If you get started now when the weather is still a little chilly, you'll have more time to kick back and relax when the summer weather is at its best.
If your area is still in danger of frost, you can get a head start on your garden by starting seeds indoors. You'll get earlier flowers, fruits, and veggies and a longer harvest season. Get your lawn ready for a great summer by treating with a weed preventative product and take advantage of spring rains by spreading some grass seed to take advantage of spring rains.
- Best for your Plants: All visible light as sunlight
including most important blue and red light is required by living things.
- Better for Environment: It saves 50% to 90% in energy consumption
compared to incandescent or fluorescent.
- Less Heat: Low heated LED bulbs will protect your plants.
- Less Trouble: No ballast to burn out likes other plant lights.
- Price: $279.95
- Transparent Plastic covering with grids threading
- Zippered Door for Easy Access
- 2 Ventilated Shelves Provides Air Flow and Allows water to
- Easy to assemble ( comes with instructions)
- Dimensions: 7.1' (L) x 4.67' (W) x 6.33' (H)
- Price: $127.95
- Large pneumatic wheels push easily through snow and slush
- Flow regulator on handle
- Black powder-coated steel frame
- Stainless steel axle
- Carbon steel linkage
- Includes hopper screen and poly rain cover
- Price: $212.95
Now that the weather is starting to break, you can finally really get out there and get your hands dirty! Till garden and flower beds to turn over old soil and prepare them for planting, then transplant those seedlings you started indoors. Trim dead limbs from trees and shrubs.
- Easy to start, simply plug it in and squeeze the throttle
- 3 Speeds, Just click the speed that you need
- Choose cultivating, tilling, or digging
- 115 volt double-insulated electric motor
- Built-in circuit breaker protects motor from overload
- Lightweight, Just 21 pounds - Easy to lift, with built-in carrying handle
- 10" Tilling Depth. Or reverse the tines to shallow cultivate top 2" - 3" of soil
- Compact Design, Makes it easy to till in narrow spaces; tills a 9" path
- Price: $543.95
- Effective anti-vibration system
- Convenient primer bulb
- Easy-access air filter
- OREGON® brand bar and chain
- Quick-stop inertia chain brake system
- Easy chain adjustment
- Adjustable auto chain oilier
- Price: $238.95
Now is the time to maintain and enjoy your lawn and garden. Keep your lawn tidy with a mower and edger. Kick back and enjoy all your hard work on a beautifully decorated patio or deck.
- Max Power: 5.0hp / 3600rpm
- Type: Self-Propelled
height position: 8
speed of blade: 3100rpm
Diameter: 8.5 inch
- Grass collection bag: 80L
- N.W: 105 lbs
- Price: $399.95
- 4-position height adjuster
- Clutch-driven throttle
- Compact, lightweight design
- Metal blades guard
- Weight: 30 lbs
- Price: $284.95
- Natural Brown Weave + Tan cushions
- Strong Aluminum Frame Construction
Crafted and Woven All Weather Wicker
- Dense yet soft foam with a zippered 3 layer system for wash-ability and wear-ability
- Nylon fabric cushions are waterproof, UV resistant
- Heat tempered glass
- Price: $2248.95