Affordable Comfort With Portable Air Conditioners
May 31, 2011
Temperatures are starting to heat up for the summer and everyone searching for ways to stay cool. Many homeowners and renters aren't fortunate enough to live in a home equipped with central air conditioning so they have to seek other options. Wall and window air conditioning units are a possible solution, however they often require extensive installation making them a bad choice for renters who aren't allowed to make any alterations to their wall or windows, as well as folks who simply aren't particularly handy. Luckily for them, there are now some great portable air conditioner options to stay cool and comfortable without the hassle.
One of the main benefits of a portable air conditioner is... portability! You can easily move it from room to room, so you can stay cool anywhere. Watch TV in cool comfort in the living room, then when it's time for bed, take the air conditioner with you to the bedroom. Portability and no installation are especially handy features for renters. Who wants to invest in a major appliance that you'll have to leave behind for the next tenant? A portable air conditioner can come with you wherever you move next!
Portable air conditioners are also a great option for places that only get really warm for a few days a year. No one wants to invest in central air conditioning when they might only turn it on three or four times a year, but on those three or four really hot days, it's great to have an affordable option to keep cool. And since it's portable, you can put your air conditioner back in the closet once the heat wave has passed.
Even people who live in homes with central air conditioning can benefit from a portable air conditioner. If you have an extensive computer gaming or home entertainment system, those components can heat up a room significantly compared to the rest of the house. Or maybe you love to bake, but avoid doing so on hot days because you don't want to make your kitchen too warm. Rather than cranking up the thermostat and making the rest of the house too cold, a portable air conditioner can keep that one room nice and cool without affecting other rooms.
Whatever your cooling needs may be, a portable air conditioner is a great solution!
- Self evaporate system exhausts most of the condensate water minimizing the need to empty the internal bucket
- Directional air discharge louvers
- All round casters for mobility
- Designed to provide quiet, efficient cooling to any room, with no permanent installation
- Full thermostat control
- Digital temperature display with electronic controls
- Cooling Capacity 11,000 BTU/hour
- Price: $389.95
5,000+ SQUARE FEET
- 60 Minute Countdown Timer - can also be used for longer, even continuous use.
- Produces "actual 4,000+ mg" (4G / Hr) of Ozone/hour
- No filters to clean
- Plugs into any ordinary outlet in North America.
- Runs on 110v, 60hz
- Price: $379.95
- High-Efficiency Rapid Cooling
- Quiet Indoor Operation w/ Multiple Fan Speeds
- Vivid Digital LCD Display w/ Digital Thermostat
- Wireless Remote Control
- Programmable On/Off Timer
- Sleep Mode Operation
- Built-In Dehumidifier
- Anti-Mold, Anti-Bacterial Filter
- Easy-grip Handles and Casters for Maximum Portability
- Price: $489.95
- COVERS 3,500 SQUARE FEET
- Anion function creates negative ions, removes airborne dust
- Ozone function kills bacteria, mold, mildew, and gets rid of smells permanently
UV-C Lamp kills 99.9% of all bacteria, viruses, mold, etc which pass
- Only requires between 5 and 70 watts of power
- Creates 360mg of Ozone per hour
- Price: $329.95