Easter Spending on the Rise
April 19, 2011
The Easter Bunny seems to be one of the few who is not suffering from tough economic times this year. The average American consumer is expected to spend $131.04 on Easter treats in 2011, up from $118.60 last year. This increase can partly be attributed to Easter falling particularly late on the calendar this year, extending the period in which retailers can run Easter promotions and stock their shelves with holiday wares.
But perhaps some of that elevated spending could be due to parents' growing health consciousness. In light of the current obesity epidemic, more and more, parents are choosing to fill Easter baskets with non-edible gifts like toys and games, rather than a big pile of fattening sweets. Easter is a great opportunity to surprise your children with that hot toy that was impossible to find during the Christmas shopping season. It's also a good time to start stocking up on supplies for summer fun - all those outdoor toys that weren't in stock back in December.
Whether you're looking for a smaller toy to supplement the chocolate bunnies and jellybeans in your kids' baskets, or want to really knock their socks off with an extravagant surprise, Safer Wholesale has some ideas that will make your Easter Bunny duties easier this year.
- 6 Volt Battery
- Speed: 0.75 to 0.95 mph
- Max Child Weight: 50 lbs
- Play time: 1-2 hours
- Start: Electric w/ Key Ignition
- Product Weight: 15 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 33" x 24.5" x 21"
- Forward, Left, Right, & Reverse
- Price: $99.95
- At over three feet long, this plush unicorn can double as a comfy body pillow!
- Saddle and reins let kids feel like they are riding a real horse
- Kids will love holding and hugging the soft material
- Dimensions - 36"L x 18"W x 23"H
- Price: $69.95
- Large Entry Ladder with Powder Coated Metal Rungs
- Rock Wall with Climbing Rope
- Extreme Wave Slide
- Turbo Tire Swing with Swivel
- Steering Wheel, Telescope, and Flag Kit
- Available in Cedar with Beautiful Redwood Finish
- Price: $1677.95
- Inflated size 9 ft L x 8 ft W x 7 ft H
- Velcro opening for safe easy access in and out of bouncer
- Heavy-duty puncture proof materials with double to quadruple stitches
- Easy set up and take down. Inflates in less than a minute
- Indoor and Outdoor Use(no need to use stakes or sandbag for indoors)
- Price: $319.95
- Long, winding track w/ molded drive-through mountain
- Smiling farmers, three horses, one chicken, one pig and one cow, plus windmill, trough, farm house and other fun accessories
- Detailed, step-by-step assembly instructions
- 75 pieces
- Price: $129.95
- Engine: 110cc Air Cooled 4 stroke
- Max Power: 5.5 HP
- Ignition: 12v CDI
- Starter: Electric
- Transmission: Fully-automatic / No Hand Clutch
- Brakes: Rear Disc Brakes
- Top Speed: 35 MPH
- Price: $649.95