Earth Day 2011
April 20, 2011
This Friday, April 22, is Earth Day, a day intended to foster appreciation and awareness towards the environment. The Earth day movement began in 1970 as a way to bring attention to damage being caused to the environment and dwindling supplies of natural resources like water, petroleum, and animal and plant life. The goal was to encourage changes in the way ordinary people view the Earth, its natural resources, and the ways they are used and abused, and that remains the goal of the Earth Day movement today.
Here are few simple ways to be more environmentally friendly... Start using reusable bags for shopping trips instead of the disposable plastic bags that come from the stores. Use regular plates and cloth towels instead of their paper equivalents. Don't let the water run while you brush your teeth, and turn off the lights whenever you leave a room.
Whether you agree with the environmental movement or not, in most cases doing things that are good for the environment are good for your pocketbook as well. Figuring out ways to limit your use of electricity, natural gas, and water will have a positive impact on your household utility bills. You can significantly lower your electricity bills by generating some of your own electricity using a wind turbine. An e-Saver device can help you get more out of the electricity you already use, and use it more efficiently. You can fight pollution in your own home with a digital air purifier. A tankless water heater can reduce your gas bill by heating water as you use it instead of continuously keeping a large tank of water hot. You can also reduce your gas bill by using an infrared space heater or corn heater to stay warm instead of raising the thermostat.
- Blade Number: 3
- Startup Speed: 4.5 mph
- Rated Speed: 20 mph
- Survival Wind Speed: 78 mph
- Rated Voltage (VDC): 24
- Rated Power (W): 1000
- Rotor Diameter: 8.86 Ft.
- Price: $1399.95
- Watt: 1500W (High), 750W (Low) 120V 60HZ
- Product Size : 18in x 15in x 15in
- Push Button Controls : Temperature ,Time and High/Lower heater with IR Remote control
- Heats up to 1000 square feet
- Electronic thermostat
- Timer: 0.5Hour to 8.0hours
- Temperature : 32F to 86F
- Price: $238.95
- Save 60% on your water heating bill
- 70amp, 18kw
- Whole House Unit
- 3-4 Bathrooms
- 5.0 Gallons Per Minute Of Hot Water
- Max temperature: 155 deg.F
- Uses a fraction of the space taken up by an ordinary water heater
- About the size of a VCR
- Price: $679.95
- Heat Your House for 75 Cents Per Day!
- Up to 2000 Sq. ft.
- Shelled corn is a clean-burning fuel
- 8,000 - 30,000 BTU
- Dimensions: 24" x 20.5" x 24"
- Price: $1049.95
- Save 10% to 50% or more on your electric bills!
- Electrolytic bank used to control alternating current power factor
- Plugs directly into your electrical box in your home - No Electrician Required!
- Conditions and stabilizes the line and filters out noise and power surges
- This technology is in use every day in large factories
- Price: $799.95